Anyhow, I wanted to show you how to make my favorite, oven roasted tomato soup at home.
Oven Roasted Tomato Soup
- 10 heirloom tomatoes -sliced into wedges
- 10 cloves garlic -peeled
- 1 large yellow onion -sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil (replace with a splash of veggie stock for WFPB diet)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme ( about 10 sprigs)
- 5 cups vegetable stock -low sodium
- 1 pinch sea salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs: basil, chives, oregano, parsley etc (for garnish)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350”F.
- Ad the tomatoes, garlic, onion and thyme to a large roasting dish. Drizzle with the olive and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt all over the top.
- Roast for 1.5 hours or until the tomatoes have completely collapsed and start to caramelize around the edges.
- Discard the thyme sprigs and transfer the roasted tomatoes, garlic and onion together with all the juices to a medium soup pot. (Reserve some for garnish) Add the veggie stock and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender and carefully puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasonings again with more sea salt and serve garnished with the reserved roasted tomatoes and the fresh herbs.