Tofu Challenge Accepted!
that’s how this peanut butter tofu was born!
You could also pile it on top of this amazing spinach coconut rice or serve with these peanut sauce noodles (personally I find this combo too overwhelming). I prefer the balanced flavors between the caramelized salty edges of the tofu and the creamy citrusy noodles.
how to make the tofu peanut sauce:
- Simply whisk together some creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and a pinch of garlic powder. Simmer for a minute, just until creamy and toss with the perfectly crispy air fried tofu.
- To make it gluten free make sure to use gluten free tamari. I really wish I could order this for take out sometime.
Buddha Bowls Add Ins Ideas:
- cauliflower rice
- steamed or roasted broccoli
- sauteed bok choy
- coconut rice pilaf
- fried rice or quinoa
- tangy Asian slaw
- roasted sweet potatoes
- chopped peanuts.
P.S. If you make this recipe make sure to come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Instagram, it always makes my day ~ Florentina Xo’s
watch how to make it:
Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowl
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in a tea towel. Set on a plate and place a heavy pot or skillet on top. Press if for a couple of hours or prepare a day in advance.
- While to tofu is pressing prepare the mango sauce.
- Use your hands and tear the tofu into 1 inch irregular pieces. Pat dry again with a tea towel and transfer to a bowl.
- Season the tofu with a pinch of sea salt and sprinkle with the tapioca. Gently toss to coat. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet fit for the air-fryer.
- Air fry the tofu at 400”F for 15 minutes flipping it half way.
Make the Peanut Butter Sauce:
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and garlic powder until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the sauce to a skillet and cook over medium flame until thickened and sticky, about a minute or so.
- Add the air-fried tofu to the sauce and toss to coat well all over. Hit it with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Serve on top of soba noodles tossed in mango avocado sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, scallions and cilantro.
- To make it gluten free make sure to use gluten free tamari in the sauce and replace the soba noodles with rice noodles or coconut rice.