Two words: Rosemary and Potatoes!
Things to Remember:
- do not touch the potatoes while roasting, no stirring, no mixing, no flipping, just let them do their magic without any interference for about 20 minutes.
- I’m really fond of the golden variety but red potatoes would also work well here.
- make sure to drain the potatoes well, and allow them to dry in the heat from the steam before coating in the olive oil mix to ensure they won’t stick to the pan.
what to serve with roasted rosemary potatoes:
P.S. As always, If you make these rosemary potatoes please remember to come back and rate the recipe, take a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 2 lb golden potatoes -organic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt +more to taste
- 3/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil + more as needed
- 3 sprigs rosemary (leaves only)
- 7 cloves garlic -whole in paper
- 1 pinch black pepper -freshly cracked
- Preheat your oven with a large cast iron skillet or plate inside to 425” F for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes well and cut them into quarters or eights if they are on the larger side.
- Cover with about an inch of salted water ( should taste like sea water) and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, drain in a colander and allow the potatoes to dry well in the steam for a few minutes. (Taste to make sure they are salty enough for you)
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl together with the garlic, rosemary, black pepper and the paprika. Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to coat well all over.
- Very carefully open the oven and transfer the potatoes to the preheated skillet or tray in the oven in a single layer.
- Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Use a spatula to scoop them out carefully not to break them. Serve hot!