Welcome to the Veggie Society friends!
I did two variations of these: half rolled in ground coconut and half rolled in raw cacao powder. They would be lovely coated in beet powder and even matcha or spirulina if you have some on hand.
Note to self: red, white and green coconut balls for Christmas!
Why we love them:
If you make this recipe please come back to rate it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram
Vegan Coconut Date Balls
- Add the dates, beets and vanilla extract to a food processor and puree until a thick paste forms.
- Add 1 cup of the coconut together with the hemp seeds and process together until combined.
- Water your hands and carefully scoop put about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into balls.
- Toss each ball into coconut or cocoa powder until coated and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Serve chilled or store into a sealed container for later snacking.