Farro & Black Rice Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
An Italian style wintery black rice and farro salad with citrus vinaigrette, blood oranges and chives.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2.5 cups Forbidden Black Rice -cooked
- 2.5 cups Farro -cooked
- 4 blood oranges -chilled
- 1/3 cup fresh onion chives -chopped
- 1 lime or lemon -cut into wedges for serving
Blood Orange Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp blood orange olive oil
- 1/2 lemon -juiced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- the reserved orange juice from cutting the oranges
- 1 pinch sea salt +more to taste
Make the Salad:
In a large mixing bowl toss the farro and black rice with the citrus vinaigrette until coated all over. Taste and adjust seasoning with more seas salt and lemon to your taste.
Transfer to a serving plate and top with the sliced oranges and chopped chives. Serve with extra lemon or lime wedges.
- When cooking the farro and black rice simply follow the instructions on the package, cooking times might be slightly different from brand to brand.
- Feel free to adapt this salad with whatever whole grain you have on hand.
Calories: 928kcal | Carbohydrates: 194g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 688mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 20.9mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 5.1mg