Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Easy vegan Alfredo pasta sauce recipe from scratch, made with cashews, garlic, onion powder, nutritional yeast and a touch of lemon.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Soak time 20 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1.5 cups cashews -raw unsalted
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup cold filtered water
Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with the hot water. Allow to soak for 20 minutes.
Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a powerful blender together with the one cup of cold filtered water, onion powder/ flakes, garlic nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Process until extra creamy and smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste with a pinch of sea salt and more lemon juice. Toss with 1/2 lb of your favorite pasta or zoodles and enjoy.
- The sauce will thicken up in the refrigerator so you might want to stretch out any leftovers with a little warm water. Adjust seasonings again with sea salt before serving.
- If you prefer you can use almond milk instead of water to make the sauce but it isn't necessary at all. Water works great!
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 6.3% | Calcium: 1.9% | Iron: 13.5%