Best Roasted Broccoli with Lemon & Garlic
The best roasted broccoli recipe ever with lemon and garlic, crispy at the edges and perfectly tender in the center.
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb broccoli florets (or a mix of cauliflower & broccoli)
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free)
- 2.5 tsp extra virgin olive oil (or water for WFPB)
- 1 lemon -halved
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch red chili flakes -to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt +more to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan walnut parmesan for serving -OPTIONAL
Preheat oven to 425”F.
In a large baking tray toss together the broccoli florets with the olive oil, sea salt, pepper flakes, garlic and onion powders. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs then spread in one layer preferably without touching each other.
Roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the florets are tender (but not mushy) when pierced with a knife. Toss once half way through cooking.
Serve promptly with a good squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of walnut parmesan over the top.
- It's very important that the broccoli / cauliflower is dry if you want to achieve the crispy edges. Rinse in advance and give it plenty of time to dry out completely.
- To make this recipe WFPB & Plantricious compliant make sure to omit all oil and roast with a little splash of water, veggie stock or a couple of teaspoons of tahini.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 115.5mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.2mg