Easy Strawberry Basil Lemonade
A super easy strawberry lemonade recipe Italian style, with hints of fragrant fresh basil and vanilla.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Chill 30 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 10 fresh large strawberries -hulled
- 1 cup lemon juice -freshly squeezed
- 6 cups filtered or sparkling water
- 15 leaves fresh basil
- 4 tbsp agave or maple OPTIONAL
- 3 cups ice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 strawberries -hulled & sliced
Add the whole strawberries, basil leaves, lemon juice and water to a powerful blender or (food processor) and process until smooth.
Strain into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer. Taste and sweeten with agave or maple syrup If desired. Add the sliced strawberries.
Chill for 30 minutes or serve promptly over ice garnished with more basil, or freeze it into popsicles.
- If making your lemonade in the Vitamix you won't need to strain it at all. If using a food processor you might want to strain it.
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 66mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 25.4mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.1mg