Easy Vegan Ramen Noodles
Easy vegan ramen noodles recipe in a rich and creamy miso coconut milk broth, with air fried tofu cubes, wild mushrooms and a hit of lime.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitakes caps or wild chanterelles)
- 1.5 - 2 cups veggie stock (hot)
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso (or your favorite white miso)
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tbsp fresh ginger root)
- 15 oz can organic coconut milk
- 1/2 yellow onion -chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -minced
- 1.5 tbsp harissa (can be substituted with sriracha or other chili paste)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime - quartered for serving
- 2 tsp dulse flakes (OPTIONAL for umami flavor)
- 4 servings spelt or brown rice ramen noodles
- Sea salt + Black Pepper to taste
- 14 oz package organic firm tofu (drained and pressed well)
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Scallions, Bok Choy or Spinach, Black Sesame Seeds, Red Chili Pepper, Toasted Seaweed / Nori, Steamed Broccoli, Shredded Cabbage, Sliced Sietan etc.
Air-Fry the Tofu (Optional)
In a small bowl mix together the tapioca with paprika and sea salt. Cut the pressed tofu into small cubes and toss them to coat in the tapioca mix.Add them to the basket of an air-fryer (or parchment lined baking sheet) and air fry at 400”F for 15 minutes until golden, flipping them half way or shaking the basket/ tray a couple of times. Set aside until needed.
Prepare the Broth:
In a small bowl whisk together the ginger, miso, tamari (+ dulse flakes if using) into the hot veggie stock until combined. Set aside until needed.
Preheat a medium soup pot over low flame and saute the onion in a splash of water or veggie stock until translucent.
Stir in turmeric and the harissa and cook a few more minutes then stir in the garlic. Saute for about 20 seconds until fragrant. At this point you can add the mushrooms and saute a couple more minutes or reserve to add them fresh straight into the broth before serving.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer then add the miso veggie broth. Taste and adjust seasonings with more tamari or a pinch of sea salt. Add the tofu and remove from heat. Allow it to absorb the flavors from the broth while you make the noodles.
- Ramen is a noodle soup dish of Chinese origin that is now one of the most popular dishes in Japan.
Calories: 1316kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 118g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 1831mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 4.6mg