Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
Easy, vegan and healthy oven roasted sweet potatoes with smoked paprika! I cut them into cubes but you can do any shape you like.
Servings 4 people
- 3 sweet potatoes - large ( about 3 lb)
- 1 drizzle olive oil (use Tahini for WFPBNO diets)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes - or to taste
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt - or to taste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
Preheat your oven to 500"F
Rinse and scrub the potatoes then dry them well in a towel. You can peel them if you like but not required.
Slice them into 1 inch rounds or cut them into 1 inch cubes and add them to a mixing bowl.
Drizzle over the top with a drop of olive oil (or tahini)and the spices. Use your hands and toss well to combine and get even coverage all over.
Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet without touching each other and roast in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
If you cut the potatoes into rounds use a pair of kitchen tongs and flip them over. Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown around the edges. If you cut them into cubes then use a spatula and give everything a gentle toss after 10 minutes and continue cooking another 15 minutes or so until golden brown to your liking.
- To make these potatoes without oil and WFPB compliant, use a nice drizzle of tahini instead of the oil and make sure to coat them well all over.
- When choosing sweet potatoes make sure to go for an orange or red skin variety that is firm all over. For best results make sure to use a large baking dish / sheet pan, the more room your potatoes have the better they roast with the perfect crispy edges.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 14865IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.6mg