Easy Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Easy Chimichurri Sauce Recipe with Parsley, Oregano, Garlic and Lime. Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Plant Based Awesomeness Argentinian Style!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 1 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley (or cilantro parsley mix) - leaves only
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves - preferably fresh but you can substitute with dry
- 1 lime - juiced ( or 2 tbsp red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic -grated
- 1/2 chili pepper - optional
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch sea salt - to your taste
Add the parsley, oregano, olive oil, chili pepper and lime juice or vinegar to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until combined and smooth to your liking. (Alternatively use a sharp knife and chop the herbs on a cutting board)
Transfer the sauce to a bowl or a jar and stir in the grated garlic and red pepper flakes. Season to your taste with the sea salt and more lime.
Store in the refrigerator in a tightly closed jar / container for up to 10 ways or freeze for later use.
- For the Cilantro Cimichurri sauce version just use a mix of parsley and cilantro, half and half usually works great.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 39mg | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.7mg