Hearts of Palm Vegan Ceviche
The best hearts of palm ceviche recipe with tomato, scallions, cilantro and lime. Perfect as an appetizer with your favorite chips or used in bite size mini tostadas topped with an exotic mango avocado salsa.
Servings 2 people
- 15 oz hearts of palm (jarred or canned)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped (cherry or heirlooms are the best)
- 2 scallions or 1/4 red onion -finely chopped
- 1 lime or lemon -juiced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro -roughly chopped
- 1 green chili pepper or habanero -finely chopped, or to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- 2 tsp cold pressed flax seed oil (Optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes -for extra heat
- 1 tbsp sea vegetables (seaweed or dulse flakes) (Optional)
- To make this recipe WFPB & Plantricious compliant make sure to omit the oil.
- I updated the recipe to include some sea vegetables for those of us who prefer a fishy ceviche. Remember to rinse them well as they come packed in salt.
- For a Mango Avocado ceviche variation just replace the tomatoes with 1 diced mango + 1 diced avocado. Keep the rest of the ingredients the same and adjust seasonings to taste with fresh lime and sea salt.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 4070mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 808IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 6mg