WFPB Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
The best wfpb vegan Caesar salad dressing recipe with tahini, garlic, lemon and a sprinkling of salty capers. Creamy, oil-free and 100% Plantricious compliant.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp organic tahini paste (can be replaced with cashew or walnut butter)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard or whole grain + more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic -grated (large)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 juicy lemon -juiced (aprox. 3 tbsp or to taste)
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 7 cups romaine lettuce (or a mix of dark leafy greens)
Whisk together the tahini with the mustard, garlic, tamari, lemon juice and nutritional yeast until smooth. Start pouring in the water and continue whisking until the dressing is thinned out to your liking.
Add the red chili and capers, taste and adjust seasonings with sea salt and more lemon juice If needed.
Pour the Caesar dressing over the romaine leaves and toss to coat well. Serve promptly with homemade garlic bruschetta.
- You can easily double this recipe except the water. Use 1/4 cup water and add some more as needed after everything is combined.
- If doubling the recipe make sure to increase the garlic one clove at a time as it can easily overpower if not careful.
- The salad can be topped with some of this walnut vegan parmesan, or as you see in my photos some grated macademia nuts, it's crazy how much it resembled parmesan cheese.
- The tahini in the recipe can be replaced with cashew or walnut butter.
- For an extra umami flavor feel free to add a pinch of dulse flakes into the dressing or some crumbled seaweed you might have in the pantry.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7165IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.9mg