Best Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
The best vegan Caesar salad dressing recipe with tahini, garlic, lemon and a sprinkling of salty capers. Creamy, oil-free and 100% WFPB.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp organic tahini paste (can be replaced with cashew or walnut butter)
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or whole grain
- 3 cloves garlic -grated (large)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 lemon -juiced (aprox. 3 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 7 cups romaine lettuce
Whisk together the tahini with the mustard, garlic, tamari, lemon juice and nutritional yeast until smooth. Start pouring in the water and continue whisking until the dressing is thinned out to your liking.
Add the red chili and capers, taste and adjust seasonings with sea salt If needed.
Pour the Caesar dressing over the romaine leaves and toss to oat well. Serve promptly.
- You can easily double this recipe except the water. Use 1/2 cup water and add some more as needed after everything is combined.
- If doubling the recipe make sure to increase the garlic one clove at a time as it can easily overpower if not careful.
- The salad can be topped with some of this walnut vegan parmesan, or as you see in my photos some grated macademia nuts, it's crazy how much it resembled parmesan cheese.
- The tahini in the recipe can be replaced with cashew or walnuts butter.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7165IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.9mg