Easy Creamy Vegan Ramen Noodles
Easy creamy vegan ramen noodles recipe in a rich and creamy miso coconut milk broth, with air fried tofu cubes, wild mushrooms and a hit of lime.
Servings 4 people
- 1.5 - 2 cups veggie stock (hot)
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso (or your favorite white miso)
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tbsp fresh ginger root)
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp dulse flakes (OPTIONAL for umami flavor)
- 1/2 yellow onion -chopped
- 1.5 tbsp harissa (can be substituted with sriracha or other chili paste)
- 2 cloves garlic -minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitakes caps, oyster or wild chanterelles)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 15 oz canned coconut milk (organic, no gum)
- 1 lime - quartered for serving
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 servings spelt or brown rice ramen noodles
- Sea salt + Black Pepper to taste
- 14 oz package organic firm tofu (drained and pressed well)
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Scallions, Bok Choy or Spinach, Black Sesame Seeds, Red Chili Pepper, Toasted Seaweed / Nori, Steamed Broccoli, Shredded Cabbage, Sliced Sietan etc.
Air-Fry the Tofu (Optional)
In a small bowl mix together the tapioca with paprika and sea salt. Cut the pressed tofu into small cubes and toss them to coat in the tapioca mix.Add them to the basket of an air-fryer (or parchment lined baking sheet) and air fry at 400”F for 12 minutes until golden, flipping them half way or shaking the basket/ tray a couple of times. Set aside until needed.
Prepare the Creamy Ramen Broth:
Preheat a medium soup pot over low flame and saute the onion in a drizzle of oil until translucent. (Use water for WFPB + Plantricious compliance).
Stir in the turmeric and the harissa and cook a few more minutes and stir in the garlic. Saute for about 20 seconds until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and cook a few more minutes until wilted.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer then stir in the miso veggie broth. Taste and adjust seasonings with more tamari or a pinch of sea salt. Add the tofu and remove from heat. Allow it to absorb the flavors from the broth while you make the noodles.
- Ramen is a noodle soup dish of Chinese origin that is now one of the most popular dishes in Japan.
- Toppings suggestions: Scallions, Bok Choy or Spinach, Black Sesame Seeds, Red Chili Pepper, Toasted Seaweed / Nori, Steamed or roasted Broccoli, Shredded Cabbage, Sliced Sietan etc.
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 2669mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 6mg