Golden Turmeric Latte
Easy golden turmeric latte recipe with hints of cinnamon and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. The perfect alternative to coffee on a cold winter day, plant-based vegan all the way!
Servings 1 latte
- 1 cup cashew, almond, oat or soy milk (organic)
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root (or 1.5 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or 1/4 inch fresh root)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (1/4 tsp)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (or cardamon)
Combine cashew milk, turmeric, ginger, maple syrup and pepper in a high speed blender and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer on low flame. Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with the cinnamon.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 161mg | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 15mg