Vegan Balsamic Cranberry Sauce
Vegan Balsamic Cranberry Sauce Recipe (the Best)
Servings 6 people
- 1/2 lb fresh cranberries -organic
- 1/2 lb blackberries or purple figs ( If using figs make sure to squar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - aged
- 3 tbsp maple or date syrup (use date syrup for WFPB & Plantricious diets)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sprig rosemary -optional
- 1 strp orange peel / zest - about 5 inches
- 1 sprig basil with blossoms - for garnish
Add the cranberries, blackberries or figs to a medium pot together with the balsamic vinegar, syrup, vanilla and rosemary sprig.
Bring to a simmer and cook on medium flame until the cranberries begin to burst. About 6 minutes or so.
Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more syrup If it seems too tart.
Allow to cool completely before serving garnished with the fresh basil.
- Don't forget to discard the rosemary sprig and orange peel before serving.
- For the recipe to be WFPB and Plantricious compliant make sure to use date syrup instead of maple.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 0.4mg