Vegan No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Simple vegan no bake cookies featuring chewy and creamy peanut butter, quick oats, brown sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Almond butter, walnut and even tahini can be used instead of peanut butter if desired.
Servings 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter i used Miyoko’s European butter
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or any plant milk of your choosing)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy salted peanut butter or almond butter
- 3.25 cup quick cooking oats or whole rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract optional
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or one that will fit in your freezer.
Add the oats to large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, coconut milk, butter and cacao powder. Bring to a simmer and whisk until the butter and sugar has melted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until mixed in.
Pour the mixture over the oats and use a spatula to combine everything. Allow to sit for 10 minutes or so for the oats to soak up as much of the liquid as possible.
Drop a spoonful of the cookie mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet a couple of inches apart from each other and flatten the ball with the back of the spoon. Make about 20 cookies.
Freeze for 2 hours until set and enjoy.
- Storage: the cookies can be stored in the freezer in a lidded container or transferred to the refrigerator once set.
- Can i make these cookies without peanut butter ? You sure can, i’ve made them with almond butter and even walnut butter would be delicious.
- How can I make these cookies nut free ? Replace the nut butter with tahini and the coconut milk with oat milk and you are all set.
- Can I use coconut oil instead of butter ? Yes you may swap the butter for equal parts of coconut oil.
- If i don’t have brown sugar can I just use granulated sugar ? Yes any sugar is fine, I prefer brown for the caramel flavor but whatever you have is cool.
- No oats ? No problem! Rice Krispies, corn flakes and even crushed (vegan) graham crackers can be used instead of oats.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg