Kelp Noodle Salad
Raw kelp noodles salad recipe with spicy peanut sauce, tropical fresh mango and crunchy veggies, the ultimate summer meal. Good for you, gluten free, oil free, whole foods plant based and 100% vegan.
Servings 4 people
- 24 oz kelp noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red chili pepper sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 5 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional
- 1.5 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- 1 tbsp maples syrup replace with date paste for Plantricious compliance
- 1 lime juiced
Remove the kelp noodles from the package and rinse well in a bowl of water. Drain and add to a large salad bowl.
Slice the bell pepper, cucumber and mango into 2 inch long sticks and add on top of the kelp noodles.
In a separate bowl whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste with more lime for extra tanginess or maple syrup for sweetness.
Pour the peanut coconut sauce over the kelp noodles and veggie and toss to coat well. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes and the noodles will perfectly soften. Sprinkle with the basil leaves, scallions, sesame seeds and fresh chili pepper and serve.
Add in suggestions: broccoli and carrot slaw, purple cabbage, radishes, cilantro, salty peanuts, snap peas, edamame, etc
- How do I soften kelp noodles ? There is no need for any type of cooking to soften the noodles. Simply toss them in the sauce you wanna serve them with and they will naturally soften and become chewy in a few minutes. If desired you could do a mix of kelp and brown rice ramen, soba, capellini or raw zucchini noodles.
- Storage: Store all your leftovers in the refrigerator in lidded containers for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the veggies will lose their crunch and soften as they sit so it’s best to only add what you are going to eat at one time.
- Preparation: There’s no need for cooking kelp noodles, simply rinse them well in clean water before using. Toss with your favorite sauce and veggies, throw them in a stir fry and enjoy.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 953mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1895IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 3mg