Grilled Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
This Grilled Corn Tomato Avocado Salad is a summer perfection as a side, lunch, or even snack. Fresh, roasted corn paired with a delightfully smoky flavor from the paprika and cumin will make your senses soar. Zesty lime juice, creamy avocado, and juicy tomatoes provide a tantalizing addition to complete the best salad recipe.
Servings 6 people
- 3 fresh ears of corn
- 2 hass Avocado peeled, diced, seed discarded
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion diced (+ more as desired)
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 red chili pepper sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin or to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil OPTIONAL (omit for WFPB & Plantricious Diets)
- S & P to taste
Preheat a cast iron grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Pull the leaves and silk back from the corn then place them on the hot skillet. Shortly you will start smelling the smoke and hear the corn pop. Check the corn as browning happens fast. Turn around and roast / grill it on all sides to your liking. Remove from heat.
Hold the corn upright in the middle of a large salad bowl and slice off the kernels straight into the bowl.
Add the tomatoes, avocado, onion, red chili pepper and cilantro to the salad bowl then squeeze one of limes all over the top. Sprinkle with the cumin, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with some olive oil if desired and toss to coat.
Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and more lime to taste.
- Storage - Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I do not suggest freezing this salad as that will simply destroy the freshness of the vegetables.
- Reheating - This dish is supposed to be served cold. I do not suggest heating it or reheating it in any way.
- Boil or steam the corn - If you don’t have the option of grilling the corn, you can boil or steam it. However, the grilling option adds the right amount of smoky flavor, which is a huge plus to this dish.
- WFPB + Plantricious - In order to meet this compliance, you’ll want to remove any oil from the recipe, not to worry however as the avocado and lime make the most luscious and delicious oil-free dressing on their own.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 776IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg