Walnut Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Creamy walnut salad dressing with a touch of lemon and garlic to toss all your summer salads until the end of times. Simple, perfectly savory, It’s vegan, whole food plant based oil-free and loaded with omegas.
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup walnut pieces raw or toasted
- 2 Tbsp tamari + more to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice + more to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast or 2 tsp white miso paste
- 1/4 cup of water
Add all the dressing ingredients to your Vitamix (or another powerful blender) and process on the smoothie setting until silky smooth. Alternatively you can make this in the food processor for a rustic texture, whatever you prefer.
Taste and adjust seasonings with more tamari, lemon juice or dilute with more water.
How to toast walnuts:
Oven method: Preheat your oven to 300”F. Spread the walnuts on a shallow baking sheet and toast for about 20 minutes until golden brown to your liking.Stove top method: Preheat a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat. Add the walnuts and toast for a few minutes until browned all over. Take care not to burn them, move them around a bit with a spatula as they start to brown.
WFPB + Plantricious Recipe
- Dark leafy greens: baby kale, arugula, frisee, swiss chard, baby spinach.
- Grilled or roasted veggies: asparagus, beets, zucchini, potatoes, roasted broccoli or cauliflower florets.
- You can choose to use olive oil instead of water for a more indulgent dressing, however that will make the recipe non compliant with the WFPB + Plantricious guidelines.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg