Deviled Potatoes (Vegan Deviled Eggs)
The best vegan deviled potatoes with a creamy eggy filling thanks to the magical combo of black salt (Kala Namak), turmeric and tofu. Super easy to make and crazy delicious, this is the plant based appetizer of your dreams!
Servings 8 people
- 14 oz tofu firm or extra firm
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + more to taste
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kala namak salt + more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (use tahini or veggie stock for WFPB + Plantricious diets)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch smoked paprika for garnish
- 1/4 cup onion chives or dill for garnish
- 2 lb baby golden potatoes or fingerlings
Assemble the Deviled Potatoes
Cut each boiled potato in half lengthwise. Use a piping bag with a favorite decorating tip and fill it with the eggy filling. Place the potato halves on a a large platter and pipe some of the filling on top. Garnish with a light dusting of smoked paprika, fresh chives, dill or vegan bacon bits.
- WFPB + Plantricious - to make the recipe compliant make sure to replace the olive oil with tahini or veggie broth.
- TIP - to make your potatoes more stable on a platter use a sharp knife and slice a very thin slice off of the bottom of each potato half to make it flat. Do this before adding the filling.
- If you choose to peel the potatoes make sure to do so while they are still a little bit warm but cool enough to handle without breaking them.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3mg