Roasted Heirloom Carrots
Healthy garlic roasted heirloom carrots seasoned with salt and black pepper, infused with deep holiday flavor from rosemary and garlic cloves
Servings 4 people
- 1.5 lb heirloom carrots
- 2 sprigs rosemary -leaves only
- 10 cloves garlic -whole in paper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil + more if needed
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper -freshly cracked
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 425”F
Rinse and dry the carrots well with a kitchen towel.
Add them to a tray with the garlic cloves and rosemary drizzle with a very light drip of olive oil. Sprinkle With the sea salt and toss well to combine and coat all over.
Line your largest baking sheet with parchment paper and place the carrots and garlic on top, preferably without the carrots touching each other.
Roasted for 20 minutes In the preheated oven, then carefully flip them. Cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Transfer to a serving platter and slice in half lengthwise to show the beautiful colors. Garnish with fresh herbs and save!
- You can save the roasted garlic for later or serve alongside the carrots. It is really nice and creamy squeezed out of its paper onto crostini.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 28605IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1.7mg