What is an heirloom carrot?
A variety of carrot that has been passed down from generation to generation and are grown from open-pollinated seeds that are at least 50 years old and rely on natural pollination by insects and the wind.
The best roasted heirloom carrots!
These carrots pair well with other roasted vegetables like parsnips, sweet potatoes, beets, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli and crispy brussel sprouts. They go particularly alongside the ultimate Vegan Roast and a bed of fluffy olive oil mashed potatoes.
As always, if you guys try this recipe remember to come back here to rate it! Take a photo and tag it with #VeggieSociety on Instagram I love seeing your creations! ~ Florentina Xo’s
Roasted Heirloom Carrots
- 1.5 lb heirloom carrots
- 2 sprigs rosemary -leaves only
- 10 cloves garlic -whole in paper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil + more if needed
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper -freshly cracked
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 425”F
- Rinse and dry the carrots well with a kitchen towel.
- Add them to a tray with the garlic cloves and rosemary drizzle with a very light drip of olive oil. Sprinkle With the sea salt and toss well to combine and coat all over.
- Line your largest baking sheet with parchment paper and place the carrots and garlic on top, preferably without the carrots touching each other.
- Roasted for 20 minutes In the preheated oven, then carefully flip them. Cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving platter and slice in half lengthwise to show the beautiful colors. Garnish with fresh herbs and save!
- You can save the roasted garlic for later or serve alongside the carrots. It is really nice and creamy squeezed out of its paper onto crostini.