Savory and crispy roasted sweet potatoes!
The ultimate secret to roasting sweet potatoes is to get the seasonings just right. Lots of magical smoked paprika notes, garlic and onion powders, oregano and just enough sea salt to balance everything into the perfect flavor symphony.
Should you peel sweet potatoes ?
Ideally you won’t peel them ( less work + there’s nutrients in the skins) unless the texture bothers you. Make sure to eat them hot, straight out of the oven, but i must say they also make great leftovers and a perfect addition to any Buddha bowl.
What do you eat roasted sweet potatoes with:
Can you cut sweet potatoes the night before roasting ?
Yes, absolutely! Sweet potatoes do not turn brown like golden and russets when exposed to air, so cutting them in advance is perfectly fine!
How to make roasted sweet potatoes:
- Rinse the potatoes and dry them well with a kitchen towel.
- Cut into cubes or round slices trying to keep them about the same size. I prefer 1 inch cubes or 1 inch rounds.
- Toss the cut potatoes with a light drizzle of olive oil (or tahini) and coat well in the spice mix.
- Roast at a high temperature up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and toss or flip after 10 minutes. Continue cooking an additional 10 to 15 minutes until crispy golden brown edges form and the potatoes are soft in the center.
If you guys try this dish, remember to come back and rate it! Take a photo and tag it with #VeggieSociety on Instagram so I can see it! ~ Florentina Xo’s
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 500"F
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes then dry them well in a towel. You can peel them if you like but not required.
- Slice them into 1 inch rounds or cut them into 1 inch cubes and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle over the top with a drop of olive oil (or tahini)and the spices. Use your hands and toss well to combine and get even coverage all over.
- Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet without touching each other and roast in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
- If you cut the potatoes into rounds use a pair of kitchen tongs and flip them over. Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown around the edges. If you cut them into cubes then use a spatula and give everything a gentle toss after 10 minutes and continue cooking another 15 minutes or so until golden brown to your liking.