The best vegan Caesar Dressing – a WFPB salad dressing recipe made with tahini, garlic, lemon, nutritional yeast and a sprinkling of salty capers. Creamy, oil-free, egg-free, no anchovies and 100% whole food Plantricious.
Vegan Caesar Dressing without the Anchovies!
A salad dressing that’s finally good for you, no eggs, no oil and no dairy.
About the Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- Ingredients – Traditionally Caesar dressing is made with lots of oil, egg yolk, stinky anchovies, Worcestershire sauce (aka the kitchen sink), lemon, garlic and mustard. We made it better, healthier and cruelty-free by eliminating all the junk and cruelty so vegans can eat it too.
- Tahini Based – Clearly soaking cashews like I do for the Alfredo sauce, or any nuts for that matter was not an option. Instead I went for a creamy organic tahini paste that I always have on hand, no nuts needed this time. Literally ready in 5 minutes, start to finish! If you really don’t like tahini you can replace it with creamy cashew or walnut butter.
- Dressing Uses – You can use this Caesar dressing to dress any leafy greens you like. I mixed the classic crunchy romaine with some sprouts but any micro greens, baby arugula, spinach and baby kale make a great addition.
- Storage – Store any dressing leftovers in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or more. I usually like to double the recipe so I can have some handy at all times.
- So Delicious – soooo crazy delicious you could definitely serve it for Thanksgiving and Christmas + bring it to all the summer cook outs forever and ever alongside these vegan ribs and potato salad.That olive wood bowl you see in the photo below travels a lot 😉
The Croutons aka Bruschetta
I’ve never been a fan of store bough croutons, so instead all I do here is make classic garlic bruschetta. Grilled or broiled slices of bread rubbed with garlic on both sides and lightly brushed with olive oil (skip the oil for wfpb & plantricious diets). Sprinkle with sea salt and use your hands to tear it into bite size pieces then just toss in the salad bowl. Shave a few macadamia nuts over the top for the ultimate parmesan flavor!
Best Vegan WFPB Salad Dressing!
Garlicky, Lemony & Homemade.
P.S. If you try this recipe make sure to report back, leave me a comment rating below, snap a photo of your dish and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Facebook + Insta, it always makes my day. ~ Florentina Xo’s
WFPB Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp organic tahini paste (can be replaced with cashew or walnut butter)
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or whole grain
- 3 cloves garlic -grated (large)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 juicy lemon -juiced (aprox. 3 tbsp or to taste)
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 7 cups romaine lettuce (or a mix of dark leafy greens)
- Whisk together the tahini with the mustard, garlic, tamari, lemon juice and nutritional yeast until smooth. Start pouring in the water and continue whisking until the dressing is thinned out to your liking.
- Add the red chili and capers, taste and adjust seasonings with sea salt and more lemon juice If needed.
- Pour the Caesar dressing over the romaine leaves and toss to coat well. Serve promptly with homemade garlic bruschetta.
WFPB + Plantricious
- The dressing is fully compliant, however if you are going to make the garlic bruschetta you must omit brushing it with olive oil.
- You can easily double this recipe except the water. Use 1/4 cup water and add some more as needed after everything is combined.
- If doubling the recipe make sure to increase the garlic one clove at a time as it can easily overpower if not careful.
- The salad can be topped with some of this walnut vegan parmesan, or as you see in my photos some grated macademia nuts, it's crazy how much it resembled parmesan cheese.
- The tahini in the recipe can be replaced with cashew or walnut butter.
- For an extra umami flavor feel free to add a pinch of dulse flakes into the dressing or some crumbled seaweed you might have in the pantry.