The best vegan Caesar salad dressing recipe ever, with tahini, garlic, lemon, nutritional yeast and a sprinkling of salty capers. Creamy, oil-free, egg-free, no anchovies and 100% WFPB Plantricious.
A salad dressing that’s good for you ? You got it!
The Batman has been telling me that he misses his Caesar salads. You know I was immediately on the case starting to veganize it. Not only that but I wanted it to be whole foods plant-based, healthy, oil-free and super quick. Something I could literally whip up last minute in one bowl any night of the week and didn’t need a blender or any planning. I mean you can definitely use a blender if you want to but whisking works just fine.
Traditionally Caesar dressing is made with lots of oil, egg yolk, stinky anchovies, Worcestershire sauce (aka the kitchen sink), lemon, garlic and mustard. We can definitely make it better, healthier and cruelty-free so vegans can eat it.
It literally took me about 5 minutes start to finish!
You can use this Caesar salad dressing to dress any leafy greens you like. I mixed the classic crunchy romaine with some beet sprouts but any micro greens make a great addition and even baby arugula or spinach leaves.
Store any leftovers in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one week. I usually like to double the recipe so I can have some handy at all times.
You’ll Love This Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing:
I’ve never been a fan of store bough croutons, so instead all I do here is make classic garlic bruschetta. Grilled or broiled slices of bread rubbed with garlic on both sides and lightly brushed with olive oil (skip the oil for wfpb diets). Sprinkle with sea salt and cut into cubes or tear into bite size pieces then toss in the salad bowl.
P.S. If you try this recipe make sure to report back, leave me a comment rating below, snap a photo of your dish and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Insta, it always makes my day. ~ Florentina Xo’s
how to make vegan Caesar salad dressing
Best Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Whisk together the tahini with the mustard, garlic, tamari, lemon juice and nutritional yeast until smooth. Start pouring in the water and continue whisking until the dressing is thinned out to your liking.
- Add the red chili and capers, taste and adjust seasonings with sea salt If needed.
- Pour the Caesar dressing over the romaine leaves and toss to oat well. Serve promptly.
- You can easily double this recipe except the water. Use 1/2 cup water and add some more as needed after everything is combine.
- If doubling the recipe make sure to increase the garlic one clove at the time as it can easily overpower if not careful.
- The salad can be topped with some of this walnut vegan parmesan,or like you see in my photos some grated macademia nuts, it's crazy how much it resembled parmesan cheese.