You can toss it with the classic fettuccine or linguine noodles, gnocchi or even whole-wheat penne. I really love how the sauce collects in the grooves and inside of the short tubular pasta guaranteeing extra creaminess in every bite.
This Cashew Vegan Alfredo Sauce Is the Best!
This sauce is super quick and easy to make and I’m happy to inform you that you DON’T have to soak the cashews overnight! True story! A quick 20 minute soak in hot water is more than enough. Let the Vitamix do its magic and you’ll end up with the silkiest creamiest cashew Alfredo sauce ever.
If you plan to store it in the fridge for later just keep in mind that it will thicken up as it sits. Not to worry, reserve some of the hot water you cook your pasta in and use it to thin out the sauce a little bit when reheating. Works like a dream!
FAQ: Can I Freeze Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce?
A: Yes you can freeze the sauce up to 6 months stored in a glass container. After defrosting you can run it through the blender again to get the texture silky smooth if needed.
Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with the hot water. Allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a powerful blender together with the one cup of cold filtered water, onion powder/ flakes, garlic nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Process until extra creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste with a pinch of sea salt and more lemon juice. Toss with 1/2 lb of your favorite pasta or zoodles and enjoy.
- The sauce will thicken up in the refrigerator so you might want to stretch out any leftovers with a little warm water. Adjust seasonings again with sea salt before serving.
- If you prefer you can use almond milk instead of water to make the sauce but it isn't necessary at all. Water works great!