Tofu Challenge Accepted!
that’s how this peanut tofu was born!
You could also serve it with these peanut sauce noodles but I find this combo too overwhelming. I prefer the balanced flavors between the caramelized salty edges of the tofu and the creamy citrusy noodles.
how to make peanut sauce:
Simply whisk together some creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and a pinch of garlic powder. Simmer until creamy and toss with the perfectly crispy air fried tofu.
Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowls Add Ins Ideas:
- cauliflower rice
- steamed or roasted broccoli
- sauteed bok choy
- coconut rice
- fried rice or quinoa
- tangy slaw
- roasted sweet potatoes
- chopped peanuts.
how to make the ultimate peanut tofu bowl:
Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowl
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in a tea towel. Set on a plate and place a heavy pot or skillet on top. Press if for a couple of hours or prepare a day in advance.
- While to tofu is pressing prepare the mango sauce.
- Use your hands and tear the tofu into 1 inch irregular pieces. Pat dry again with a tea towel and transfer to a bowl.
- Season the tofu with a pinch of sea salt and sprinkle with the tapioca. Gently toss to coat. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet fit for the air-fryer.
- Air fry the tofu at 400”F for 15 minutes flipping it half way.
Make the Peanut Butter Sauce:
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and garlic powder until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the sauce to a skillet and cook over medium flame until thickened and sticky, about a minute or so.
- Add the air-fried tofu to the sauce and toss to coat well all over. Hit it with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Serve on top of soba noodles tossed in mango avocado sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, scallions and cilantro.