Mango Avocado Sauce Recipe (Vegan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Vegan creamy avocado sauce recipe with mango, citrus and basil. Oil-free, exotic and just perfect to toss with a summery pasta, zoodles, drizzled over jackfruit tacos, nachos, burritos, fajitas, spread on veggie burgers or used as a dipping sauce with roasted sweet potatoes or fresh veggies.
Mango Avocado Sauce for Tacos + Pasta
This right here is what you want to have handy and live off of all summer long. A riff on my popular savory mango sauce, this rich avocado sauce recipe variation is 100% wfpb oil-free, raw and vegan, no mayo, so enjoy as much of it as you want, guilt free baby.
From tacos to pasta this sauce goes well with pretty much everything. Thanks to lots of zesty lemon or lime juice it also keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, just make sure to store it in an airtight jar to prevent oxidation.
I tossed mine with zoodles one night and cold soba the next. You could even mix spaghetti and zucchini noodles together and sprinkle with some of this everything bagel seasoning or juicy cherry tomatoes. So delicious!
- Easy – the sauce is super simple and easy to make, just throw everything in a blender or food processor and process until creamy smooth and voila: magic sauce in your face!
- Recipe Variation – to give your sauce some Mexican flair simply swap the basil for fresh cilantro. You can alternate Italian Pasta night and Taco Tuesdays like a boss!
P.S. As always, If you make this recipe please come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Mango Avocado Sauce
Vegan creamy avocado sauce recipe with mango, citrus and basil for pasta and tacos.Print Recipe
- 1 red mango - peeled & diced
- 1 large haas avocado (cut in half, pit removed)
- 1 lemon or lime -juiced
- 2 scallions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves (swap with cilantro for a Mexican twist)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add the mango, avocado, scallions, basil, lemon and a pinch of sea salt to a powerful blender or food processor. Process until creamy and smooth. Taste and add more lemon juice and sea salt to taste or a splash of water to thin out the sauce if desired.
WFPB + Plantricious
- Recipe Variation - to give your sauce some Mexican flair simply swap the basil for fresh cilantro. You can alternate Italian Pasta night and Taco Tuesdays like a boss!
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 37.7mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Servings: 4 people
This sauce is absolutely incredible. I make sure to always have avocados and mangos in my kitchen at all times so I can whip this up anytime. Completely in love, thank you Florentina!
Fantastic recipe! And sooooo many uses!
Finally I did the recipe today. Instead of basil (cause of my allergy) I replaced with half stick of celery. And guess what(?) it was awesome. I added 2lemons and some water cause my Vitamix wasn’t able to blent it.
Next time I will replace some of the garlic with half of chilli.
I also gave to a friend of me to taste it and we have the same opinion <>.
Hey so glad you loved it with the celery, you could just use the celery leaves next time to process easier. Also the food processor works better in this case. Enjoy! ~ Florentina
I ate the sauce with cabbage onion salad. For the record. This Saturday I will do it again with zoodles and I will get both a photo. Thank you