Easy. Tasty. Quick. Saucy. Vegan.
There are endless delicious ways to enjoy this mango basil sauce all year long, but soba noodles topped with oven roasted tomatoes have my heart. After all, the best thing to do with the less than perfect wintery tomatoes is to roast them until perfectly caramelized at the edges. Spoon them over a bowl of noodles dressed in this silky mango basil sauce and live happily ever after!
How to Choose a Ripe Mango:
Holding the fruit in the palm of your hand gently apply some pressure. If it is slightly soft to the touch and with a fruity aroma then it should be perfect to eat. If life gives you less than perfect mangos you can ripen them in a paper bag at room temperature.
Fun Fact: Mangoes are know as the “king of fruit” and the tree is a symbol of love. Legend has it that Buddha himself found tranquility in a mango grove.
P.S. As always, If you make this recipe don’t forget to come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Savory Mango Basil Sauce
- 1 red mango -peeled, sliced & pit discarded
- 1.5 cups basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic -grated
- 1 juicy lime or lemon
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt +more to taste
- Add the mango, basil, juice from half of the lime or lemon plus the olive oil and a pinch of salt to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree until silky smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the grated garlic cloves. Taste and add more lime juice and sea salt to your liking.
- Serve as a sauce for soba noodles, as a dip or use to dress a quinoa salad or even brown rice.