Did i mention that it’s also vegan ?!
Yeah, even the optional walnut parmesan is, which you should totally make as well and keep a stash of it on hand at all times. Magical sprinkling dust.
FAQ: Can I Roast Broccoli Without Oil ?
Best Roasted Broccoli with Lemon & Garlic
- 1 lb broccoli florets (or a mix of cauliflower & broccoli)
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (or water for WFPB)
- 1 lemon -halved
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch red chili flakes -to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt +more to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan walnut parmesan for serving -OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 425”F.
- In a large baking tray toss together the broccoli florets with the olive oil, sea salt, pepper flakes, garlic and onion powders. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs then spread in one layer preferably without touching each other.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the florets are tender (but not mushy) when pierced with a knife. Toss once half way through cooking.
- Serve promptly with a good squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of walnut parmesan over the top.