Fresh. Quick. Easy. Simply the Best!
You start with the freshest, sweetest strawberries you can get your hands and blend them together with freshly squeezed lemon juice, Genoese basil leaves and a hint of exotic vanilla. Sweeten to taste with maple or agave, strain and serve over ice.
You can even freeze it into popsicles! Wowza!
Also, If basil isn’t your thing, by all means use mint instead. So simple.
P.S. For the cocktail version just spike it with some vodka, rum, limoncello or champagne, but only If you are over 21 of course!
How to Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade:
Easy Strawberry Basil Lemonade
A super easy strawberry lemonade recipe Italian style, with hints of fragrant fresh basil and vanilla.
- 10 fresh large strawberries -hulled
- 1 cup lemon juice -freshly squeezed
- 6 cups filtered or sparkling water
- 15 leaves fresh basil
- 4 tbsp agave or maple OPTIONAL
- 3 cups ice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 strawberries -hulled & sliced
Add the whole strawberries, basil leaves, lemon juice and water to a powerful blender or (food processor) and process until smooth.
Strain into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer. Taste and sweeten with agave or maple syrup If desired. Add the sliced strawberries.
Chill for 30 minutes or serve promptly over ice garnished with more basil, or freeze it into popsicles.
- If making your lemonade in the Vitamix you won't need to strain it at all. If using a food processor you might want to strain it.