Fresh and easy strawberry basil lemonade recipe Italian style, with hints of fragrant basil and vanilla. Perfect for a crowd or to have ready in a chilled pitcher in the refrigerator at all times. There’s nothing more refreshing than homemade lemonade!
The Best Lemonade!
Fresh. Easy. Quick. Thirst quenching.
You start with the freshest, sweetest strawberries you can get your hands on and blend them together with freshly squeezed lemon juice, Genoese basil leaves and just a hint of exotic vanilla. Sweeten to taste with a touch of maple syrup or agave, strain (or not) and serve over ice.
- Make Popsicles – Pour the mixture into molds and freeze it into popsicles! Holy refreshing deliciousness!
- No blender? No problem! – Wanna make your lemonade without a blender? Use a potato masher with holes or the back of a fork instead to puree the berries before straining.
- Basil – Hey, if basil isn’t your thing ( I wouldn’t understand), by all means swap it for some mint or lemon balm. So simple!
- Cocktails – For happy hour you can spike this delicious beverage with some vodka, rum, limoncello or champagne. (only if you are over 21 yo f course).
How to Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Easy Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- Add the whole strawberries, basil leaves, lemon juice and water to a powerful blender or (food processor) and process until smooth.
- Strain into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer. Taste and sweeten with agave or maple syrup If desired. Add the sliced strawberries.
- Chill for 30 minutes or serve promptly over ice garnished with more basil, or freeze it into popsicles.
- If making your lemonade in the Vitamix you won't need to strain it at all. If using a food processor you might want to strain it.