Stay refreshed and hydrated with the best and most delicious fruit infused water recipes ideas! Plant-based, vegan and good for you!
Who needs to waste their money on sodas and bottled water that are terrible for the environment when you can make your own signature tasty infusion at home ?! Nobody, let’s go green my friends!
How to Make fruit Infused Water:
- Choose a combination of favorite fruit, herbs and veggies from the list below, ideally organic so we can skip any harmful pesticides etc.
- Add fruit to a glass pitcher or a mason jar for single serving.
- Fill with ice and water and allow to infuse in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to six.
Fruit Infused Water Health Benefits:
17 Best Fruit Infused Water Combinations:
- Strawberry + Orange/ Lemon + Lemon Balm <- favorite!
- Cantaloupe, Mint & Lemon
- Lemon Thyme
- Lavender Lemon
- Apple Cinnamon Sticks
- Kiwi Strawberry Basil
- Blackberry Rosemary / Sage
- Lemon Ginger
- Rosemary Grapefruit
- Mojito Water: Lime + Mint
- Peaches & Basil
- Blackberry Orange
- Lemon Cayenne Pepper
- Blackberry Pomegranate
- Cucumber Lemon
- Blood Oranges, Lemons & Limes
- Pineapple Coconut Water
- Watermelon Basil.
TIP: Aim for a ratio of one cup sliced fruit to six cups of water.
Q: How Long Does Fruit Water Last ?
Up to 24 hours stored in the refrigerator. If using citrus with the rind on make sure to remove those after 6 hours or the water will turn bitter.
Q: Can You Still Eat the Fruit After Infusing Water?
Yes you may, however it won’t taste anything like you’d expect since all the flavor went into the water.
Q: How Long Does it Take to Infuse Water ?
Ideally you’d give it about one hour or so for the flavor to intensify, but even a quick 15 minute infusion works to add a little je ne sais quoi to your water pitcher.
Q: What Do You Make It In ?
I have an extra large glass jar with a spout I keep on my kitchen counter (pictured above), however for single servings you can use a large mason jar filled with ice, water and your favorite fruit and herb combo.
More Non-Alcoholic Drinks to Try:
P.S. Please report back if you try any of these ideas, snap a photo and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Instagram, it always makes my day! ~ Florentina Xo’s
Best Fruit Infused Water
Strawberry Mint/ Basil
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced lemon (optional)
- 5 sprigs basil or mint
- 6 cups water
Cucumber Lemon Mint
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 5 sprigs mint
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup pineapple (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (ribs & seeds removed)
- 6 cups water
- Wash and slice the fruit then add it to the bottom of a pitcher together with your herbs of choice (mint, basil, rosemary, thyme etc…)
- Pour filtered water on top and a few ice cubes.
- Serve promptly on ice or refrigerate for a couple of hours so the fruit and herbs get some time to profusely infuse the water.
- For additional flavor and to maximize the health benefits it is recommended to crush the fruit and slightly bruise the herbs before mixing them with the water.
- If making infused water for a party in a large beverage jar sitting on your kitchen counter, make sure to keep adding ice on top to maintain the fruit at a cool temperature throughout the day.
- Each recipe serves 4 to 6 people, the nutrition facts are simply an estimate based on all the ingredients in the recipe card.