I made us mini pumpkin cheesecake bites in July you guys 🙂
This vegan pumpkin cheesecakes actually work really well for hot summer days, as they are served chilled out of the freezer much like an ice-cream bar.
I made them twice in the last week, because “no bake” duhhh!
This Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake is Everything:
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1.5 cups dates (pitted)
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 1 pinch sea salt
Prepare the crust:
- Add the dates, walnuts and a pinch of sea salt to the bowl of a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms that resembles wet sand.
- Divide the mixture between 12 silicone muffins cups ( or simple cupcake liners) and use your fingers to press it into the bottom. Place them on a cookie sheet and in the freezer while you make the cheesecake filling.
Make the Filling:
- Rinse the cashews well then soak them in warm water for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and give the cashews another rinse then add them to the bowl of a powerful blender together with the pumpkin puree, cashew milk, vanilla, coconut nectar (or agave), nutmeg, cinnamon, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth and silky (if using a Vitamix blender you can just use the puree setting one time).
- Remove the muffin cups from the freezer and divide the filling between them. Freeze 3 to 5 hours before serving dusted with nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Optional: garnish each mini cheesecake with a candied walnut before serving <----you should totally do this!
- if you prefer the classic tangy taste of cheesecake don’t forget to add the lemon juice, otherwise feel free to leave it out.
- use a spring form pan lined with parchment paper if you want to make 1 large pie instead of the mini ones.
- if opting for the large cheesecake version you’ll also need to let it sit at room temperature for about 15 -20 minutes before serving.