Easy, vegan and raw chocolate avocado pudding recipe with maple syrup, cacao and vanilla. 5 simple ingredients, quick, plant-based, paleo, gluten-free, just perfect for two. Simply the best!
Say what now? Pudding, Frosting, Mousse! Take your pick!
Really, you can call this dessert whatever you like.
Easy like Sunday morning, you don’t even need a blender. Just throw everything in a small food processor, buzz it a few times and voila: silky smooth perfection!
Make it as dark as you like by adding more cacao powder to your liking.
Serve as a snack with apple or orange slices for dipping, or use as frosting for your favorite cakes or muffins. Maybe even spread some on crepes next time and sprinkle with fresh berries. Note to self!
If you want to go sugar-free, simply replace the maple syrup with a few dates, just remember to process them really well until paste like, so they become nice and smooth. I hope that makes sense 🙂
Why We Love It:
Chocolate + Avocados
Creamy & Luscious
note worthy: avocados contain heart-healthy fats, they are also a good source of fiber, potassium and lutein, a natural anti-oxidant good for your eyes, skin and heart.
Raw Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Easy, vegan and raw chocolate avocado pudding with maple syrup and vanilla.
Servings 2 people
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder + more to your liking
- 2 avocados (large & ripe) - organic
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hemp milk (coconut or almond milk) + more as needed
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup, agave, dates paste or powder sugar + more to taste
- Slice the avocados, discard the pit and skins and add the flesh to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the vanilla extract, sweetener and hemp milk and process together until sooth. Transfer to a bowl, tightly cover and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes or so.
1. Make sure to use a liquid sweetener like maple or agave syrup or powdered sugar. If you use granulated sugar your pudding might turn out grainy.
2. Feel free to add some Maca powder to the mix as it pairs well with chocolate.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 1302mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 20.1mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 4.3mg
$9.99/year. No ads.
My kids and I absolutely loved this pudding, so much so that I made it again and used as a chocolate frosting on a birthday cake. In love with all the recipes you post Florentina, thank you!
I loved the simplicity of this recipe and it cured my chocolate craving! I liked that it seemed to set after leaving it in the fridge for an hour. I will definitely make this recipe again. Thanks.