Can vegans eat chocolate bark ?
So today I want to show you how to make the best, organic and vegan friendly chocolate bark. There are instructions below for both the dark and white bark from scratch.
I made made mine Christmasy colors: red, white and green. As always feel free to get creative with other topping.
Vegan Christmas Chocolate Bark Variations
- candied walnuts, pistachio, almonds or macademias
- crushed peppermint candy
- dried cherries or apricots
- pretzels & salted caramel sauce
- candied ginger or orange peel
- peanut butter swirls
- crushes Oreo cookies
- toasted coconut
- dried rose petals if you feel like getting a little romantic 😉
How to Store Chocolate Bark
Once the chocolate bark is completely set and you cut it into pieces it is best stored in a sealed glass container and kept in the freezer until needed. Alternatively it can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days but since it is made completely from scratch i love how it keeps in the freezer the best.
As always, If you make this recipe please come back here to rate it and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Easy Vegan Chocolate Bark Recipe
- 8 oz raw cacao butter (about 2 cups) - organic non-gmo chopped
- 3/4 cups virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dry cranberries - orange infused
- 3 tbsp chocolate mint leaves
- 1 tbs cacao nibs (optional)
- Prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water in the bottom saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cacao butter to the top bowl and allow it to melt completely. Whisk in the coconut oil until combined well. Turn off the flame.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and keep whisking vigorously until combined and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Carefully transfer 1/3 of the white chocolate mixture to a cup and place in the freezer to thicken up for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile sift the cacao powder in the remaining white chocolate mix and whisk well until smooth. Add more cacao powder to your liking.
- Line a small shallow rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the dark chocolate and spread evenly. Place the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Remove the dark chocolate from the freezer and drizzle it over the top with the reserved white chocolate. Use a spatula to help spread it across the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the cranberries, mint leaves and cacao nibs. Place back into the freezer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until fully solid.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bark into chunks, place in a sealed glass container and keep in the freezer until needed. You could also store it in the refrigerator for a few days.
$9.99/year. No ads.
I looked at the photos and I instantly wanted to eat this. So yes I made it and it was super tasty even in the summer heat.