Quick and easy too!
If you make this recipe please let us know in the comments, rate the recipe, snap a photo and tag it with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Vegan Pumpkin Carrot Cake Recipe with Cashew Frosting
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg -grated
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 carrots - grated ( about 2 cups )
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp flax meal
- 1.5 cups cranberries (or chocolate chips depending on the season)
- 1 1/3 cup cashews - unsalted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract - or the seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- Preheat your oven to 350”F
- Line the bottom on a 9 inch round spring form cake pan with parchment paper and set it on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil with the pumpkin puree, vinegar, vanilla and maple syrup. Add the flax meal and grated carrots and stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour with the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in the cranberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the bowl with the dry ingredients and using a spatula fold until combined.
- Pour the cake batter in the parchment lined cake pan and bake the cake in the the preheated oven for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Once cooled remove the spring form and using a round cookie or biscuit cutter make 12 mini round cakes.
- At this point you can serve them as such or make the cashew frosting below to spread them with.
- Use a couple of tablespoons of the frosting on top of the mini carrot cake then layer with another mini cake. Add more frosting on top and decorate with edible flowers, chopped nuts, basil, mint or lemon balm.
Make the Cashew Frosting:
- Rinse the cashews with cold water and drain well. Add them to a bowl and cover with the almond milk. Refrigerate and allow to soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Transfer the soaked cashews to the bowl of a mini food processor and process until smooth. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and buzz a few times until incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetness to your taste. Refrigerate until needed.
$9.99/year. No ads.