What to serve with:
This sauce can be made ahead of time and brought to room temperature before serving. It also keeps well in the fridge in a glass container with a tight lid for up to one week.
P.S. If you try this recipe please remember to take a photo and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Instagram . I love seeing your creations! ~ Florentina Xo’s
How to Make Vegan Balsamic Cranberry Sauce:
Vegan Balsamic Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 lb fresh cranberries -organic
- 1/2 lb blackberries or purple figs ( If using figs make sure to squar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - aged
- 3 tbsp maple or date syrup (use date syrup for WFPB & Plantricious diets)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sprig rosemary -optional
- 1 strp orange peel / zest - about 5 inches
- 1 sprig basil with blossoms - for garnish
- Add the cranberries, blackberries or figs to a medium pot together with the balsamic vinegar, syrup, vanilla and rosemary sprig.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on medium flame until the cranberries begin to burst. About 6 minutes or so.
- Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more syrup If it seems too tart.
- Allow to cool completely before serving garnished with the fresh basil.
- Don't forget to discard the rosemary sprig and orange peel before serving.
- For the recipe to be WFPB and Plantricious compliant make sure to use date syrup instead of maple.
$9.99/year. No ads.