What to serve with:
If you guys try this dish, remember to let me know! Take a photo and tag it with #VeggieSociety on Instagram so I can see your creations! ~ Florentina Xo’s
Watch How to Make It:
Vegan Balsamic Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 lb fresh cranberries -organic
- 1/2 lb blackberries or purple figs ( If using figs make sure to squar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - aged
- 3 tbsp maple syrup -or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sprig rosemary -optional
- 1 strp orange peel / zest - about 5 inches
- 1 sprig basil with blossoms - for garnish
Add the cranberries, blackberries or figs to a medium pot together with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, vanilla and rosemary sprig.
Bring to a simmer and cook on medium flame until the cranberries begin to burst. About 6 minutes or so.
Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more syrup If it seems too tart.
Allow to cool completely before serving garnished with the fresh basil.
Don't forget to discard the rosemary sprig and orange peel before serving.