Creamy homemade cashew milk recipe! Luscious and dairy free, no strain, no nut milk bags required, quick and easy to make in no time. 100% Vegan, gluten free and simply the best.
Let’s talk about the ultimate milk ever:
Creamy Homemade Cashew Milk
Made with nothing but wholesome ingredients: raw cashews and water. For those of you with a sweet tooth you can add a couple of dates and have some fun with a drop of vanilla extract.
Most importantly, you simply can’t get this in a carton at the grocery store. You will find everything from oat, rice, soy, almond to walnut milk but they are all thickened up with carrageenan and other preservatives you don’t want to put in your body.
It gets better: this one is also waste free! You don’t need a nut milk bag, no need to strain it so there won’t be any pulp to throw away.
Just pure, frothy, creamy, flavorful nut milk!
Just like a smoothie, you also get to keep all the fiber and nutrients packed in cashews so a real nutritious, good for you whole food. Zinc, potassium, lutein, zeaxanthin, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin K, protein, I’m all about it!
To soak or not to soak the cashews ?
A quick 20 minute soak in hot water is all that the cashews need to yield the most luscious and frothy milk of all. If you have a powerful blender like the Vitamix you could even get away without soaking at all.
Can cashew milk be frothed ?
Absolutely yes but it also naturally comes out incredibly frothy as pictured above.
Does it need to be refrigerated ?
Yes, please make sure to store in the refrigerator in a glass bottle or jug.
Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe Uses:
coffee & hot chocolate
cereal or oatmeal bowl
cashew ice cream
use it in baking.
how to make homemade cashew milk recipe
Creamy, luscious and dairy free homemade cashew milk. No strain, no nut milk bags required, vegan and gluten free.Print Recipe
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5-6 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanila extract optional
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse then add them to a powerful blender like a Vitamix together with the filtered water.
- Blend on the smoothie setting until frothy. Serve promptly or store in a glass bottle and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- To make cashew cream use equal parts of raw cashew pieces and water. Blend 1 cup cashews + 1 cup water in the Vitamix until silky smooth.
- If you prefer an even thicker consistency simply cut back the water by one or two cups to your desired consistency.
- Cashew Cream - To make cashew cream use equal parts of raw cashew pieces and water. Blend 1 cup cashews + 1 cup water in the Vitamix until silky smooth.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Servings: 7 cups
you’ll also love: