Sweet Potato Avocado Tartine Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
The best sweet potato avocado tartine recipe with creamy black beans, roasted sweet potatoes and arugula sprinkled with my homemade everything bagel seasoning. WFPB Vegan!
What is a Tartine you Ask ?
A: A French style open face sandwich made with crusty country bread.
Think of your favorite vegetables, leafy greens and herbs and pile them all up high on a lightly toasted slice of perfect bread. Today’s combo:
Black Beans + Roasted Sweet Potato + Avocado = Magic
This is one of my favorite appetizers, lunches, breakfast and go to last minute dinners no matter the season. Since you can always find a big pot of beans in my refrigerator, and plenty of roasted sweet potatoes, these tartines are really a breeze to put together.
Somewhat of a copycat of the “ Le Pain Quotidien “ avocado tartine I like to order when brunching there. I also pick up one of their large whole-wheat loaves of bread about once a week to have around just for this and of course to make a lot of this avocado bruschetta.
This tartine is sure to hit the spot any time of the day, so I hope you’ll keep it in your plant powered awesome life!
Sweet Potato Avocado Tartine
To die for sweet potato vegan avocado tartine with creamy black beans, roasted sweet potatoes and arugula sprinkled with my homemade everything bagel seasoning.Print Recipe
- 4 slices whole wheat crusty bread
- 1 large sweet potato -roasted in advance
- 2 avocados -sliced
- 1 cup creamy black beans -cooked in advance
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning mix
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime -cut into wedges
- Prepare your roasted sweet potatoes and black beans in advance according to the linked recipes. Refrigerate until needed. (If starting with a plain sweet potato, just rinse it well, poke with a knife and roasted in a preheated 425"F oven for 45 minutes until soft.)
- Lightly toast the bread to your liking then rub one side of each slice of toast with the garlic clove. Spread a layer of the black beans on top and hit it with a squeeze of lime. Scoop some of the sweet potatoes on top and finish with the sliced avocados.
- Sprinkle with the everything bagel seasonings all over to taste and top with the arugula and another squeeze of lime.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 845mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4815IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Servings: 4 slices
These were a major hit with the entire family so I’m going to make my weekly batch of beans to have handy for this nutritious meal. So easy to throw together once you have you preprepped ingredients. Another keeper, thank you so much!
My favorite new breakfast addiction. I prep everything on Sunday and have lovely meals all week long, super tasty and also pretty.