This Goddess Strawberry Salsa Recipe is Everything!
The organic strawberries I grow in my own containers are usually way smaller than the commercial ones but also extra sweet, so I almost never need to bump up the sweetness. Taste as you go, it will all depend on the berries you can get your hands on.
Serve with a mix of really good chips, think blue corn tortilla chips, quinoa, lentils, pita, even the colorful root vegetable chips should make an appearance on this salsa bar. Or simply use your strawberry jalapeno salsa to top some bruschetta and call it a day. Let’s do this!
Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 jalapeno -sliced or diced
- 2 scallions -chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves -thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 drizzle coconut nectar (OPTIONAL)
- 1 lime -halved
- Rinse and hull the strawberries then cut them into 1/3 inch dice.
- Add the chopped strawberries to a salad bowl and toss together with the scallions, jalapeño, a fresh squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking with coconut nectar, add more sea salt and lime juice as needed to your preference. Mix in the basil and cilantro leaves reserving some for garnish.
- Serve chilled with your favorite chips or with these jackfruit carnitas tacos.