It’s a salad, it’s a salsa, it’s a dip!
This mango avocado salad is quick and easy to make, healthy and super delicious!
However, as you most likely know, cut up avocado oxidizes quickly and turns brown, so this salad is best prepared right before serving. If you must make it in advance wait to add in the avocado at the very last, or store in a glass container layered with thin slices of lime over the top to slow the browning process.
Don’t forget to come back and rate this recipe if you make it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Avocado Mango Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 red mango
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup red onion -diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 juicy lime -juiced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (omit for WFBP diet)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp chili powder +more to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt +more to taste
Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice with the olive oil, maple syrup, chili powder and sea salt. Taste and adjust seasonings with more of the above until your taste buds are happy. Set aside until needed.
Assemble the Salad:
- Just before serving, peel and dice both the mango and avocado into 1 inch cubes. Discard the pits.
- Transfer to a salad bowl together with the red onion and drizzle with the lime vinaigrette over the top. Use two flat spatulas to gently toss everything to coat without mashing the avocado. Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro leaves and serve promptly.
$9.99/year. No ads.
Amazing little salad, sitting here licking our bowls clean. Fantastic recipe!
A favorite with a cold beer.