How to prepare the best vegan smoky avocado tempeh sandwich with lettuce and tomato. The official TLT.
The Ultimate TLT Sandwich!
Favorite Sandwich Spread Ideas:
Q: What is smoked tempeh ?
Avocado Tempeh Sandwich ~ TLT
- 5 strips smoked tempeh
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 2-4 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 scallion -chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper -chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves -roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup salad greens
- Cut the avocado in half and discard the pit. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash together with the scallion, cilantro, a pinch of sea salt and a good squeeze of lemon to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat up a seasoned cast iron plat cover medium flame. Pan sear the tempeh strip until golden brown all over. (You might want to add a tiny drizzle of olive oil to the skillet for this).
- Meanwhile lightly grill or toast the bread.
- Use the garlic clove to rub the inside of each slice of the bread before slathering a layer of guacamole on top.
- Add the greens, a squeeze of lemon, 2 slices of tomato and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the tempeh strips, another 2 slices of tomato. Top with the other guacamole slathered slice of bread and enjoy.
$9.99/year. No ads.