Earthy. Easy. Healthy.
A Black Beluga Cucumber Tomato Lentil Salad would be gorgeous!
Fun Tomato Fact:
Cucumber Tomato Lentil Salad
- 1 cup dried French lentils -rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 3 green onions -chopped
- 3-4 Persian cucumbers
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes -chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill -roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves -chopped
- 2 tbsp basil leaves -torn or thinly sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt + more to taste
- 1 leaf bay
- Add the lentils, water and bay leaf to medium size heavy pot. Bring to a boil and season with a good pinch of sea salt. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through. Drain in a colander and discard the bay leaf. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile slice the cucumbers into thin rounds or chop into squares to your liking.Add them to a salad bowl together with the tomatoes, dill, basil and parsley. Add the chilled lentils and drizzle over the top with the olive oil. Squeeze lemon juice on top to your liking and gently toss everything to coat well.
- Taste as you go and adjust seasonings to taste with more sea salt and extra lemon juice.