A simple one pot green soup ready under 30 minutes!
Creamy Kale Sweet Potato Soup
Vegan, creamy sweet potato kale soup with silky coconut milk. Healthy, vegetarian, paleo, dairy and gluten-free. Use a splash of water instead of olive oil to make this 100% whole-food plant-based as well.
- 1 bunch kale -chopped
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 1 large sweet potato -diced
- 1 onion -diced
- 1 carrot -diced
- 4 cups water or low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk -organic
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro - roughly chopped + more for garnish
- 1 leaf bay
- 1 green chili pepper -sliced + some for garnish
- 1/4 cup coconut cream -(optional for garnish)
- 1 pinch sea salt -to taste
- 1 drizzle olive oil or water
Heat up a medium dutch oven pot over low flame. Add the onion, carrot and sliced chili pepper with a drizzle of olive oil or water and sautee 5 minutes until softened.
Stir in the sweet potatoes, kale leaves and bay, then pour in the water or vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes have softened.
Stir in the baby spinach and chopped bunch of cilantro and simmer another minute or so until wilted. Taste and season with the sea salt. Discard the bay leaf.
Add the coconut milk and use an immersions blender to puree the soup until smooth and silky to your liking. Taste and adjust seasonings with more seas salt at this point if needed.
Ladle into bowls and serve garnished with cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds and more chili pepper for heat.