This Asian Quinoa Salad Is Everything!
Travels great in a jar.
Talk about eating the rainbow you guys! I can’t think of a better way to do just that than maybe with my mango avocado spring rolls dipped in peanut lime sauce or this Mediterranean quinoa salad. It’s definitely a tie between these three.
The Salad Dressing:
- Asian Sesame Ginger dressing with coco aminos is absolutely magical! No soy sauce, no oil needed, just a pinch of my everything bagel seasoning mix. If you haven’t made your own spice mix yet, well you are missing out and should go make some right away.
- Peanut Lime Dressing ~ same one i use for my loaded Peanut Noodles, this one is absolutely divine as well, so really go for whatever your taste buds fancy today!
I meant to sprinkle a few mandarins on top of the salad but forgot to grab some at the market hehe. You totally should however, fresh or canned whichever you have, or maybe use some of the add in suggestions below to make it your own.
Add Ins Ideas:
How to Make Asian Style Quinoa Salad:
Asian Quinoa Salad
Make the Salad Dressing:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the coco aminos with the everything bagel seasonings, garlic, scallions, lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings with more lime or lemon and sea salt. Refrigerate until needed.
Prepare the Salad:
- Dice all your ingredients as instructed in the recipe.In a large salad bowl combine the quinoa with the diced bell peppers, cucumbers, shredded cabbage mix and snow peas.
- Pour the Asian style dressing over the salad and toss to combine well. Serve promptly.
- Everything can be prepared in advance but It’s best to wait and toss the salad with the dressing just before serving in order to maintain the crunch of the vegetables.
- Red quinoa can be used instead of white, or a mix of both.