This Asian Quinoa Salad Is Everything!
Travels great in a jar.
The coco aminos dressing is absolutely magical: no soy sauce, no oil needed, just a magical sesame touch from my everything bagel seasoning mix. If you haven’t made your own yet, well you are missing out, go make some.
I meant to sprinkle a few mandarins on top of the quinoa salad but forgot to grab some at the market hehe. You totally should however, or maybe use some of the suggestions below to make it your own.
Add Ins Ideas:
How to Make Asian Style Quinoa Salad:
Asian Quinoa Salad
Easy Asian quinoa salad recipe with cucumber, cabbage, and peppers tossed in a sesame coco aminos dressing. 100% whole foods, plant based and vegan!
- 4 cups quinoa (cooked, fluffed & chilled)
- 2 Persian cucumbers -diced
- 1 red bell pepper -diced
- 2 cups cabbage & carrots mix -shredded
- 1 cup snow peas
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 1/3 cup coco aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 scallions -thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic -grated
- 1 Lime / Lemon -juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro -chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp ginger root -grated (optional)
Make the Salad Dressing:
In a medium bowl whisk together the coco aminos with the everything bagel seasonings, garlic, scallions, lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings with more lime or lemon and sea salt. Refrigerate until needed.
Prepare the Salad:
Dice all your ingredients as instructed in the recipe.
In a large salad bowl combine the quinoa with the diced bell peppers, cucumbers, shredded cabbage mix and snow peas.
Pour the Asian style dressing over the salad and toss to combine well. Serve promptly.
- Everything can be prepared in advance but It’s best to wait and toss the salad with the dressing just before serving in order to maintain the crunch of the vegetables.
- Red quinoa can be used instead of white, or a mix of both.