A must have salad recipe in your summer arsenal. It’s:
Make it with pretty purple cabbage, green cabbage or a mix of both. Add some sliced bell peppers in there if you like, a handful of micro-greens and make it your own.
How to keep the apples from browning?
good to know: “ An apple a day keeps the doctor away ” a cliche backed up by modern science, so eat your apple or your apple coleslaw. Win-win!
Green Apple Coleslaw
- 1 Granny Smith green apple -cut into thin sticks
- 2 cups purple cabbage -shredded
- 1 carrot -grated or cut into thin sticks
- 1 scallion -finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley -roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon or lime -juiced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- In a small bowl whisk together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with the sea salt and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- Cut your apple into thin sticks and hit it with a squeeze of the lemon to prevent oxidation / browning. Place them in a mixing bowl together with the shredded cabbage, carrot, parsley and scallions.
- Pour the apple cider vinaigrette over the coleslaw and toss to coat well. Taste and adjust seasonings with sea salt. Serve chilled.
$9.99/year. No ads.