Sprinkle lots of hemps seeds over the top before serving, or blend in some of your favorite dark leafy greens for a micro nutrient and anti-oxidant boost.
This Lemon Hummus Recipe is Simply the Best:
Quick & Easy.
Simple Lemon Hummus
- 3 X 15 oz canned organic chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme + more for garnish
- 5 cloves garlic -grated
- 2 large lemons -juiced & zested
- 1 pinch sea salt + more to taste
- 3 tbsp onion chives -snipped
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes -sliced
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil for garnish (OPTIONAL)
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve the liquid.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the chickpeas with the tahini, 4 tablespoons of thyme, lemon juice and a good pinch of sea salt. Puree until smooth and fluffy. Add some of the reserved liquid if needed at this point.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl and stir in the garlic and the zest from one lemon. Taste and adjust seasonings with more sea salt and lemon juice to your liking.
- Serve the hummus topped with the heirloom tomatoes, garnished with the chives and reserved thyme leave. Sprinkle with a pinch of corse “ Fleur de Sel “ and finish with a drizzle of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil ( omit the oil on a WFPB diet)