The best ever homemade chunky guacamole recipe with spicy serrano peppers, cilantro and lime. The perfect classic appetizer!
Holy Guacamole You Guys!
Let’s Talk Guacamole Seasonings:
How To Keep Your Chunky Guacamole From Turning Brown:
You should totally make this chunky guacamole:
the Best Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- 4 avocados -fully ripe
- 1 serrano pepper (or to your taste) -chopped
- 2 scallions -chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion -diced
- 1 lime
- 1 pinch sea salt +more to your taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves -roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chives -snipped (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half and discard the pit. Using a spoon carefully scoop out the flesh from the shells. Add it to a large bowl with the chopped scallions and serrano peppers. Immediately squeeze some lime juice over the top and hit it with a good sprinkling of sea salt.
- Use a spatula to fold everything together then taste. Add more of both salt and lime until your taste buds are happy. Fold in the cilantro and red onion and serve sprinkled with the chives and extra lime wedges.