About the Batter
Quinoa Flatbread Seasonings:
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning <—my Fave!
- SuperSeed: hemp, sesame, pepitas, sunflower, poppy, flax
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Italian Seasoning
- Mexican Seasoning.
Whatever version you decide to go for just make sure to sprinkle your seasonings on top before baking so they all cook nicely together.
Quinoa Amaranth Flatbread
Quinoa Pizza Crust
How to Make Easy Quinoa Flatbread
- Soak the quinoa for 15 minutes in hot water while your oven is preheating.
- Blend quinoa and water until a smooth batter forms.
- Spread thinly on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
Quinoa FlatBread Crisps
This flatbread bread stores well up to 3 days in a glass container covered with a tight lid or a reusable plastic storage bag.
Good to Know
Quinoa, pronounced KEEN-wah is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the Planet. It is a complete protein containing all 9 essential amino acids, also high in antioxidants, B vitamins and fiber with a low glycemic index. Add 8 to 12 grams of protein per cup and quinoa is an absolute nutrient powerhouse. Even Nasa scientists are analyzing it as the perfect crop to be grown in outer space. Consider me super impressed!
Let’s make this + a pot of our famous vegan Zuppa Toscana!
Other Bread Recipes to Try:
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 pinch sea salt OPTIONAL
- Preheat your oven to 425”F.
- Add the quinoa and the hot water to a bowl and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a powerful blender, add a pinch of sea salt and process until a creamy batter forms, much like a pancake batter.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the quinoa batter in the middle and using a spatula spread it thinly and evenly towards the sides of the baking sheet. (You can shape it into a round 11 inch circle or a simple rectangular shape, whatever you prefer.)
- OPTIONAL: sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of my everything but the bagel seasoning over the top.
- Bake the quinoa flatbread for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to flip it) until golden brown and crisp around the edges. The longer you cook it the crisper it will get so make sure to check after 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced avocados, tomatoes, leafy greens or use it as a pizza crust.
$9.99/year. No ads.