Easy. Tasty. Healthy!
This is what I love to make with those big, weirdly shaped heirloom tomatoes, tough a mix of the cherry or grape variety works nice too. Just do your best to cut both the avocado and tomatoes in similar sizes.
I also like my salad kind of spicy, with a little attitude, so make sure to adjust the amount of heat in the recipe to your preference. Be mindful if feeding to children of course.
Easy Avocado Tomato Salad with Lime Dressing:
What to Serve With:
P.S. As always, If you make this recipe please come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
How to Make Avocado Tomato Salad:
Simple Avocado Tomato Salad
- 4 California avocados (ripe but firm)
- 4 heirloom tomatoes -mixed variety
- 2 purple spring onions (or 1 small red onion)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 chili pepper -thinly sliced
- 1 lime -cut into wedges
- 2 Persian cucumbers -sliced
- 3 limes -juicy
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Omit on WFPB diet)
- 1 pinch sea salt +more to taste
- Slice the tomatoes and avocados into thin wedges and place in a large salad bowl together with the cucumbers if using those.
- Slice the purple onions into thin rounds or slices and add them to the salad bowl together with the cilantro leaves and chili peppers.
Make the Lime Dressing:
- In a separate bowl whisk together the lime juice with the olive oil until incorporated. (omit the olive oil on WFPB diets).Season to taste with the sea salt. Adjust seasonings until your taste buds are doing the happy dance and pour it over the avocado salad. Gently toss to coat all over, preferably without mashing the avocado.